Sweet and Savory BBQ Sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet, add shallots and cook on med heat until translucent.
- Add garlic, cook one additional minute.
- Add smoked paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Cook the spices for 3 minutes to release their flavors.
- Stir in tomato paste, organic balsamic vinegar, apple sauce, organic chicken stock, dijon mustard and salt.
- Turn stove down to a simmer and let cook down 30 minutes, stirring often. We like our BBQ sauce thick, but you may add more organic chicken stock for a runnier sauce.
- Barbecue the chicken drumlettes, follow by basting with Sweet n' Savory Barbecue Sauce.