We love Tandoori Chicken and when we started eating clean, we missed not being able to go out to dinner and have some of our old favorites. Indian food was definitely one of those things we craved but we didn’t know exactly what restaurants were adding to the food they brought us. Tandoori Chicken has always been a favorite, so we had to recreate this dish we knew and loved. This was a hit the first time we made it with the family. Serve over cauli-rice or white rice. Make sure to drizzle the sauce over the rice, it’s so flavorful!
One thing we like about this Tandoori Chicken recipe is you can keep clean-up fairly easy. Just assemble all the ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag, then place it in your fridge for 6 hours. Then when ready to cook, you only have to dirty one dish. We love using our 15″ cast iron pan for this dish! It’s really big and makes for such a beautiful presentation when complete!
Look at this spice combination it’s so beautiful and adds such traditional Indian flavors.
Love the addition of fresh cilantro to this dish, this is a must add ingredient!
We like adding everything to a gallon zip lock bag which makes for easy assemble and clean-up.
Now just seal the bag, mix all the ingredients together. Add the chicken thighs and place in the fridge for 6 hours or until ready to cook, leaving it longer will not hurt the recipe. Easy as that!
Pull it out and cook it in you 15″ cast iron pan!
- 9 chicken thighs
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Whisk together above ingredients and place them in a gallon ziplock bag, add 9 chicken thighs. Close ziplock and massage marinade into chicken. Place the mixture in the fridge to marinate for 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pat dry your marinated chicken.
- On the stovetop, heat a cast iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) on med-high heat with a few tbsp of olive oil. Brown the chicken, skin side down for approximately 5 minutes or until the chicken is a nice golden brown.
- Turn the chicken over, skin side up. Pour remaining marinade over chicken.
- Bake chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees, which is approximately 20 minutes.