Boss Sauce Nachos
Dang we’re not going to lie this was one of those recipes we COULDN’T stop eating! Finally we had to cover it with tinfoil to keep our hands from grabbing another bite! These Boss Sauce Nachos have everything you’ve been looking for to take to a party, football gathering or just sit and eat like we did!
We got this idea because our Baked Potato with Boss Sauce has been such a hit with our followers we wanted to amp it up and make something out of this world! WE DID!!
Who doesn’t love nachos? Yet these are actually better for you than the cheese sauce you buy at the grocery store. That store bought cheese sauce is full of unhealthy fats and artifical coloring. Lets be honest, that cheese sauce is just nasty and you can feel it clogging your arteries when you eat it!
Our Boss Sauce Nachos are made with ingredients you can pronounce like cashews, red peppers, and nutritional yeast. Store bought cheese sauce has hydrogenated soybean oil, caramel color, yellow 5 and yellow 6 and lets not forget the dreaded MSG. Those ingredients can cause so much havoc on our bodies and just isn’t worth it!
You might be asking what is Nutritional Yeast? Nutritional Yeast has a strong flavor that is described as nutty or cheesy, which makes it popular as an ingredient in cheese substitutes. In this dish it adds more of that cheesy flavor, but not so much that it takes away from the main potato taste. You can find Nutritional Yeast at most grocery stores or click the link to find it on Amazon. Many health food stores carry it in the bulk department area.
Also, the trick to perfectly sliced potatoes is using a mandolin (click on link here) Having the perfect tools in the kitchen makes everything easier! We also love using our new electric slicer we just bought off amazon for perfect cuts!!
We hope your family enjoy our Boss Sauce Nachos as much and our family loves them!
Boss Sauce Nachos
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of turmeric
1. Place all the ingredients into a high-powered blender, process until smooth.
2. Transfer to a sauce pan, heat Boss Sauce up on medium low on your stove top until warm. If you feel the sauce is too thick, just add a little water.
3. Pour over oven baked potato discs.
4. Top with ingredients of your choice. We used tomatoes, purple onion, avocado, jalapeño, bacon bits and cilantro.
To make oven baked potato discs:
- Take 8 small yukon gold potatoes and mandolin the potatoes on a medium thickness.
- Toss in a couple tablespoons of avocado oil.
- Lay on parchment lined baking pan in a single row.
- Salt the potato discs.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, or until brown on one side. Flip potato discs and cook an additional 10 minutes. Please note cooking times vary based on oven temperature and potato thickness.
- You're looking for a potato disc that is crispy and won't bend when you pick it up.