We grew up having this Broccoli Bacon Sweet Slaw and love the flavors. We wanted to take out the heavy laden sugar that accompanies an otherwise healthy salad.
This is a great side dish to take to any gathering where it might be sitting out a little bit. Unlike traditional salads that go soggy, this Broccoli Bacon Sweet Slaw will hold its texture for a long time. Consider taking it to your next barbecue, potluck or picnic.
This salad is know to stay good even the following day. Lets not forget the saltiness of the bacon marries perfectly with the sweetness of the craisins and dressing.
The base of this dressing uses our Whole Mayo recipe, it’s such a clean alternative to store boughten mayonnaise. Our Whole Mayo is one of our most sought after recipes because of the mild flavor and simplicity of the recipe.
Bookmark this Broccoli Bacon Sweet Slaw and let your family try it out!
Bite sized cut up broccoli
Broccoli Slaw Mix
Cooked bacon, chopped
Broccoli Bacon Sweet Slaw dressing
Broccoli Bacon Sweet Slaw
- 1/2 bag of broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 head of broccoli florets
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 3/4 cup Whole Mayo (found in recipe index under sauces)
- 8 large dates
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- dash of salt
- Combine all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients with an immersion blender until well incorporated.
- Pour over salad ingredients.
- If you like a light dressed salad don't add all of the dressing to your salad ingredients.