Looking for healthier options for the New Year? The Whole Foods Market has got you completely covered. With new store sections wholly dedicated to Paleo, Whole 30, Gluten-free, Vegan and vegetarian products, they are sure to have everything your family needs to stay healthy and happy all year round. We found it easy to find the perfect ingredients to make our yummy Chicken Pad Thai recipe.
Using these delicious and nutritious options, we were able to come up with an incredible Chicken Pad Thai including Whole Foods’ own Air Chilled Chicken. This particular kind of chicken is cooled in controlled and closed chambers and is blown with purified air to keep their natural flavors and juices contained. This process is extremely healthy and helps the chicken maintain its’ natural juices. It was some of the most tender chicken we’ve ever cooked with!
Looking for healthy alternatives is always a little bit difficult, but we were able to find so many new and great tasting options like Whole Foods’ spiralized Zoodles made from butternut squash, zucchini, beets, and even sweet potatoes.
With so many familiar ingredients, this amazing dish is sure to be a dinnertime hit!
For this recipe, we’ve used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil because there are so many healthy benefits that come from it. Unlike most kinds of oils, this one has a much less of a chance to breakdown. When oil breaks down, it creates a harmful sort of component inside your cells that can damage your healthy cells and make them stop functioning properly. It takes much more heat to reach that unsafe point in Avocado Oil making it much more beneficial to your health! Primal Kitchen products are the best and we use them often in our cooking.
With so many incredibly nutritious ingredients making for such a fresh and appetizing meal, it’s hard to come up with a reason not to try this wonderful Pad Thai recipe. New food is a spunky and tasteful way to bring something new to the table this week, and it’s a great meal for both your family and your taste buds! We know you’ll enjoy every last forkful!
We hope you enjoy this Chicken Pad Thai as much as we do and thanks Whole Foods for giving us healthy options for the whole family!
Chicken Pad Thai
Yield 4 servings
- 1 pound air chilled chicken thighs, salted & pepper
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 24 oz. organic butternut squash zoodles
- 4 tablespoons Primal Kitchen avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
Toppings: cilantro, limes, scallions, crushed peanuts and limes
- Mix butternut squash zoodles with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 8 minutes, overcooking will make the noodles too soft. Adjust time as needed, each oven time will vary.
- Sauté the chicken thighs over medium high heat in 2 tablespoons avocado oil until brown. Remove from the skillet and slice into strips. Leave remaining oil and chicken drippings, it will add flavor to your vegetables.
- Add red pepper, carrots, bean sprouts and purple cabbage to the pan; sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce in a blender. Combine peanut butter, coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, chicken broth and chili flakes. Blend until all the ingredients are incorporated well.
- Now its time to start layering. Place the baked butternut squash zoodles in the bottom of a bowl.
- Place vegetable mixture over top zoodles.
- Pour sauce over the dish.
- Top with cilantro, limes, scallions, crushed peanuts and limes.