We are SO excited to share our Jack Bars! We named them Jack Bars because they are all jacked up with healthy ingredients. Eating healthy can sometimes be harder than we expect it to be. Giving up something like sugar can prove to be extremely hard to do. Especially when you still want your meals and snacks to taste just as good as before. Lucky for you, we have an absolutely perfect solution to this!
Say hello to the Jack Bar. Our own rendition of a protein packed granola bar! While putting this together, we wanted to make something that everyone would love that could also be good for you. These bars are perfect for a pre or post-workout snack because it’s full of good-for-you, good tasting ingredients. Things like organic honey, rolled oats, and vanilla protein powder made for a healthy alternative for store bought protein or granola bars.
To sweeten this recipe up, we’ve used honey instead of regular or a refined sugar because we wanted it to be as healthy and good for you as possible while still tasting terrific! Our kids have absolutely devoured these over this past week that we’ve been making them, and we can’t seem to keep up!
We’ve used something in these Jack Bars called millet puffs. For everyone that hasn’t heard of them, millet puffs are a healthier option to a rice puffed cereal. It doesn’t have a ton of taste but adds a beautiful airy contrast to this rich and peanutty bar sure to be a family favorite.
Follow these few tips to make them look more symmetric before you freeze them. Pour all mixed ingredients onto the cookie sheet. Using a flat spatula spread the bar mixture over the whole sheet. Take another 12×17 cookie sheet bottom and place on top of the ingredients. Press firmly so the bars are evenly flat. Now place in the freezer for 1 hour or the fridge for 4 hours.
We found that by taking our cutting board and inverting the bars it made for easy removal from the cookie sheet.
When you’re eating healthier, it’s sometimes hard to find quick and simple snacks that are easy to eat and don’t require more than a second to grab. Keeping them stored in the refrigerator after finished making them ensures that they’re kept tasting as fresh as when they were first made.
One batch, cut in our suggested way, makes 32 bars and can last for quite a bit! Unless you have three teenage boys and their friends scarfing them down all at once of course.
There’s a pleasantly tasty quality to these bars that really is hard to explain. The peanut butter and honey create that sweet and salty contrast we love in a good snack. It makes it perfect for when your taste-buds are begging you for something to satisfy that sweet tooth we all have! These delicious little snacks will have your families eating healthier and they’re so so easy to make. We hope love them just as much as we all do!
***RECIPE VIDEO BELOW***
- 2 cups (16 oz.) peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) honey
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup (10 oz.) mini chocolate chips (we use dairy free Enjoy Life)
- 4 cups millet puffs or rice crispies
- In a standing mixer combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla protein powder and water. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add oats and mini chocolate chips, mix.
- Add millet puffs or rice crispies. Mix on slow speed to not break up millet puffs.
- Place parchment paper in a 12x17 cookie sheet.
- Pour all mixed ingredients onto your cookie sheet. Using a flat spatula spread the bar mixture over the whole sheet.
- Take another 12x17 cookie sheet bottom and place on top of the ingredients. Press firmly so the bars are evenly flat.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour or fridge for 4 hours.
- Cut bars into 4 strips lengthwise and 8 strips on the width, this will give you 32 bars.
- Store in and airtight tupperware container in the refrigerator.
Serving Size 32
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Protein 9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.