Nurti-fries with Chicken is amazing! If you ask our kids what’s the one dish they love the most, this Nutri-Fries with Chicken might be at the top of their list. Of course it’s a favorite, its basically a french fry salad!
The base of this recipe is our Nutri-Fries made with nutritional yeast. Often when we share this recipe with someone they think this yeast is the active yeast used in making bread, it’s NOT! Although it has an unappealing name and appearance, nutritional yeast flakes are great for anyones diet. It provides a wealth of vitamins and minerals while at the same time adding a unique flavor to many dishes.
Nutritional Yeast has a strong flavor that is described as nutty or cheesy, which makes it popular as an ingredient in cheese substitutes. In this dish it adds more of that cheesy flavor, but not so much that it takes away from the main potato taste. You can find Nutritional Yeast at most grocery stores. Many health food stores carry it in the bulk department area.
Here are some tips to get the perfect Nutri-Fries.
- Cut all you fries the same width, this makes for even cooking. We don’t have any fancy cutters just a good knife, the key is to have a “sharp” knife to make even cuts.
- You also may soak your fries in cold water for a 2-3 hours. This helps remove excess starch from the potatoes, making them more crispy. Just make sure to dry them completely before using them in this recipe.
- We don’t alway get perfect fries by just cooking them the allotted time. If your fries just aren’t crispy at the end of the cook time, simply place them under the broiler on high for a few minutes. You may turn them every few minutes. Watch them closely so they don’t burn.
Here are just a few topping suggestions, but really anything you add to a taco salad would work perfectly in this Nurti-Fries with Chicken salad. We like lettuce, tomatoes, shredded chicken, avocado, red peppers, purple onions, cilantro, Dump Ranch, Cilantro Lime Dresssing and fresh lime wedges!
Hope your family loves it as much as ours!
Nutri Fries with Chicken
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 white potatoes
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 cup Nutritional Yeast
Preheat oven at 450.
Cut potatoes into even thick match sticks, make sure to leave the skins on for more flavor and texture.
Combine all ingredients and toss well.
Place potatoes evenly spaced on cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Place any extra mixture in bowl on the potatoes.
Bake 25 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking process.
Broil on high for 5 minutes, if you want them more crispy.
Serve with shredded chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, onion, avocado, cilantro, and top with Dump Ranch or Cilantro-Lime Dressing (see in Dressings and Sauces)