Mix in a mixer until well incorporated:
- 3 cups “hot” water
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup oil
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup nine grain mix
- ½ cup flax four
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 tablespoon dough enhancer
- 1 tablespoon salt
Mix for one minute.
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- Add additional whole wheat flour until it forms a ball in the mixer (about 2-3 cups), mix for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into thirds and form into 3 greased bread pans.
- Put pans on the lower 1/3 of shelf, in a slightly warmed oven to rise.
- When the dough has risen above the pans, turn on the oven (leaving the pans in the oven) to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minute or until the tops brown.
- We also test our loaves by tapping on the top and hearing a thumping noise.