How to prepare raw shrimp:
- Peel the shrimp by starting underneath where their legs are attached. Peel off the shell and if you like, leave the last tail segment on for looks. This makes for a beautiful presentation.
- Devein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black vein.
- Lift out the black vein with the point of a paring knife and discard.
- Continue to do the same step with the underneath section of the shrimp to remove the black vein.
- Now your shrimp is ready to cook.