These 3 Ingredient Chicken Nuggets are a family favorite and requested quite often in our homes. They’re way better for you than the typical chicken nuggets you find at so many fast food chains or in your freezer department at your local grocery store. Most chicken nuggets are full of preservatives and ingredients you can’t pronounce, that’s usually a big red flag to the consumer. Lets face it, they don’t taste as good either!
Our 3 Ingredient Chicken Nuggets use only a few ingredients that are actually good for you. This chicken nuggets coating is made with 3 simple ingredients. Those 3 ingredients are cashews, fax seeds, and chia seeds. Flax seeds and chia seeds are both know for their omega-3 essential fatty acids, “good” fats that are heart healthy. They are also known for their high fiber content, making these seeds a super food!
Just place the flax seeds, chia seeds, and cashews in your blender. Blend until they’re a fine consistency. Next, take the egg and water, whisk until well beaten. Now the fun begins as we dredge the chicken. Dip the cut chicken pieces into egg mixture with one hand, then using your other clean hand dip the chicken into the nut and seed mixture. This way is SO much cleaner than using just one hand to do both.
Cook these 3 Ingredient Chicken Nuggets on a medium high heat until golden brown on one side, continue to cook until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside. We find the best success when we don’t handle the chicken lots. Turn only when brown and continue to do this to all sides of the chicken nugget.
Our family and friends LOVES this 3 Ingredient Chicken Nuggets recipe. We like making a large batch and keeping them in the refrigerator for easy reheating. We know your family will love them too!
3 Ingredient Chicken Nuggets
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound chicken, cut into small bites
- Mix cashews, flax seeds, chia seeds, salt and pepper in a blender until crumbly.
- Place the mixture in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, whisk 2 eggs with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Take chicken bites (dried with a paper towel), dip into the egg mixture, then dip into crumb mixture.
- Fry in sauté pan with a small amount of oil over medium high heat until golden brown and no longer pink in the middle. Make sure to carefully turn chicken, to not accidentally remove breading.