Are you trying to get ready for summer? We’re not fans of crazy yo-yo diets that seem to work at first but as soon as you start eating regular food again you’re back to where you started or worse! May we suggest making a few changes that are TOTALLY doable and will give you results without restricting calories, counting macros or that one where you have to eat cabbage soup for 3 days. We’re excited we found the Silver Fern Elevated program. This plan is simple and gives long sustainable results. It’s scientifically based on changing your metabolism and creating good gut bacteria to lose weight permanently. You all know by now we’re huge proponents of changing the flora in your gut!!! We have been feeling SO good the last few weeks as we have been implemented these simple steps.
You may be asking, what is the Silver Fern Elevated Program. It’s a 7 step program to help you maintain a better diet. You follow 7 steps for more sustainable weight loss results. Basically its not a quick fix program but one that changes your gut bacteria to reduce sugar cravings, turn up your metabolism and maintain weight loss long term.
We decided to break those down quickly for you.
- Follow your current diet plan. Stick to what’s been working for you as closely as possible. Set realistic expectations and don’t pressure yourself. An achievable goal can keep you from getting discouraged and potentially lead to greater weight loss.
- Start taking the right probiotics. Start taking the right probitic, we recommend Silver Fern’s Ultimate Probiotic, which are the only supplemental probiotics shown to create short chain fatty acids (SCFAs) to change your metabolism. (Use this code for 10% off: wholesisters10)
- Eat more fiber. Once you’ve begun to reseed your gut with these powerful Bacillus-strain probiotics, then it’s time to change your metabolism by consuming more fiber so your new gut bacteria can produce more fat-busting short chain fatty acids (SCFAs).
- Reduce sugar and refined carbohydrates. The unfavorable bacteria in your gut thrive on sugars and refined carbs (such as bread, pasta, etc). Cut back on these foods as much as possible.
- Eliminate artificial sweeteners. They simply aren’t good for you. Artificial sweeteners encourage the growth of bad bacteria and inhibit the growth of good bacteria. In fact, studies show they actually make you more hungry.
- Fast intermittently. Intermittent fasting is an eating schedule, not a diet. Some beneficial bacteria only grow and thrive when you’re fasting. The right probiotics also can feed off the mucus membranes in your intestines. This healthy part of renewing your digestive tract is encouraged by intermittent fasting. It also helps reduce the bad bacteria in your digestive system.
- Drink water. During this plan, drink plenty of water. Only take your probiotics during your eating window. Try to consume approximately 100 oz. of water a day.